Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Countdown: My Top 20 Favorite Movies

Here's #15-#11 for my list. For #20-#16, go here. More to come...stay tuned.





#15: The Last Picture Show (1971): "One thing I know for sure. A person can't sneeze in this town without somebody offering them a handkerchief. "








#14. Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961): "Well, when I get the mean reds the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"









#13. Toy Story 2 (1991): "Here's your list of things to do while I'm gone: batteries need to be changed. Toys at the bottom of the chest need to be rotated. Oh, and make sure everyone attends Mr. Spell's seminar on what to do if you or part of you is swallowed. Okay? Okay, good, okay."











#12.The Right Stuff (1983):"Monkeys? You think a monkey knows he's sittin' on top of a rocket that might explode? These astronaut boys they know that, see? Well, I'll tell you something, it takes a special kind of man to volunteer for a suicide mission, especially one that's on TV."









#11. Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid (1969): "I couldn't do that. Could you do that? Why can they do it? Who are those guys?"

No comments: